In partnership with The University of British Columbia (UBC) Faculty of Medicine, Financial Literacy Counsel is hosting their 21st annual tax clinic for medical undergraduates. MNP is the accounting firm partnering with us to provide the tax clinic this year.
- The tax clinic is open to all current medical undergraduates attending UBC Faculty of Medicine.
- You must have a copy of your 2023 Notice of Assessment.
- Exclusions: Please note that this complimentary service is for basic 2023 personal tax returns only.
- If your return falls outside the scope of a basic return, additional fees will apply. Our discounted fee is $350 plus 5% GST and Administration Expenses. Items that fall outside the scope of a basic return include, but are not limited to, self-employment income, rental income, capital gains/losses, foreign investment reporting, moving expenses and US tax filings.
- We recommend meeting with one of our team members if your personal tax situation falls outside the scope of a basic return to provide you an estimate of the fees to prepare your return.
- Your partner/spouse is eligible. If you would like to book an appointment for your spouse, please check the “Joint Return” box on the sign up form. You do not need to book an additional appointment for your partner/spouse; both returns will take place during the same appointment.